Thursday 12 April 2012

Titanic in 3D

Titanic was a different experience now that I'm older.
I actually know what was going on this time.
As a result a few things about the movie were corrected from what I had thought had happened.
But, this below is the reason I would
sit through a 2 1/2 hour tragedy on a Thursday night.
Look at that smile. Dang he was cute!

First of all, when in the ice cold water and Rose says "I'll never let go…" I literally thought she meant I'll never let go. As she lets go of a still alive and kicking Jack and he sinks to the bottom of the ocean. As a kid I'm like, "WHAT?! She totally just broke her promise." Now I know, she meant never let go of hope and life. Gotcha, gotcha this movie is so deep.

And I caught on to the the pictures the crazy grandma brings on the ship, you see how young Rose rode man style on a horse on the beach by the pier in Santa Monica. Like Jack and Rose promised they would do. Things just keep falling into place.

Here is what Jack says to Rose.


As a kid I couldn't follow the dialogue.
Jack was really witty, and quite the comic relief.
I laughed nearly every time he opened his mouth.
One thing about the character Jack is
I surely admire how he lives young, wild, and free.


Rose: You're distracting me. Go away!
Jack: I can't. I'm involved now.
If you let go I have to jump in after you.
Ever been to Wisconsin?
Rose: No.
Jack: Well they have some of the coldest winters around,
and I grew up there, near Chippewa Falls. Once
when I was a kid me and my father were ice-fishing
out on Lake Wissota…
ice-fishing's where you chop a hole in the--
Rose: I know what ice fishing is!
Jack: Sorry. Just… you look like kind of an indoor girl.
Anyway,I went through some thin ice and I'm tellin'
ya, water that cold… like that right down there...
it hits you like a thousand knives all over your
body. You can't breath, you can't think… least not
about anything but the pain.
Which is why I'm not looking forward to jumping in
after you. But like I said, I don't have a choice.
I guess I'm kinda hoping you'll come back over the
rail and get get me off the hook here.

Rose: You're crazy
Jack: With all due respect Ms. I'm not the one hanging over
the back of the ship.

HAHAHAHHAHA


I love the relationship Jack and Rose have. It's beautiful, young, and perfect. If I was on the boat, I wouldn't no couldn't leave my love behind. Rose was a smart girl to hop back onto the Titanic even when she was already in the safety boat. That's what love is, something you would be willing to die for or fight to survive for.
Anyways, that is all. Titanic really is so sad, but one last thing I learned is don't trust silly grandmas. They are always up to something, like throwing hecka expensive jewelry in the ocean.
Crazy grandma.
Goodnight world. Count your blessings that Titanic wasn't your trial in life. Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! "Don't trust silly grandmas," haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you get me. Not many people find me funny. HA (:

      Delete