Sunday 15 April 2012

that negative voice inside my head

You know that voice in your head that tells you things.
It's the soundtrack that get repeated
over and over with out realizing it.
I know what I tell myself,
and it's a negative message.
That voice whispers:
I'm not loveable
and that I'm not good enough,
no matter how hard I try
and that's why I'm not loveable.
So the cycle goes round and round.

I can't tell you when that voice learned that message
or even why.
Life experiences since childhood probably.
Needless to say it has been repeated for a very long time.
Unlearning a message so deeply rooted
is harder to do than it looks.

But I believe in positive thinking.
I believe that if you change your thoughts
you can change your world.
From now on,
when I catch myself rehearsing that message
I'm going to change that.
And repeat:

I am loveable.
I am good enough.

Heck, I'll repeat it for no reason at all.
Because it is the truth.
And my head has been lying to me for too long.

Happy Sunday.
BB was fantastic today.
I'm glad I got to hear her.

No comments:

Post a Comment