Thursday 27 October 2011

Accepted

Good News
I was accepted to the Brooks Institute of Photography!
I haven't been this happy… in over a year.
I finally have something to work toward.
I read somewhere that
"happiness does not come from people or things,
it comes from goals and accomplishing them."
I have a goal.
I will accomplish it.
I am happy.

-Another note, it was ironic that my big thing was supposed to be today.
The one year mark of a horrible awful year.
The worst year of my life.
I'm sure life will throw more traumatic events my way in the future.
But if I can survive this past year.
I can survive anything.
Bring it on Life.

Sad note.
There isn't a day that I don't miss my Mom.
There isn't a day where I'm not mad at my Mom.
There isn't a day where I wish I could talk to her when I want to
There isn't a day where I don't need her.
And even though the chain reactions of what happened literally derailed me,
crushed most of my dreams, brought more rejection, humiliation, frustration, pain, loneliness, and devastation than I ever wanted to endure.
I found hope.
I'm moving on.
And
Even though I'm working through my obvious issues and anger toward her
there isn't a day where I won't love my mother.
Because she is my Mom.
Mom I love and miss you.

2 comments:

  1. you're amazing rach. don't forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you chachie! keep up the amazing progress.

    ReplyDelete