Sunday 25 March 2012

Timing

Life is all about timing.
I've been wondering lately certain things, like why my older sister still suffers from epilepsy. It's not fair.
I talked to my Momma this morning and she said it's all about timing. She told me when my parents bought their first house, the plan was to only live there for 7 years. After about 6 years my Mom would look at houses and a few times we almost bought another one, but it wasn't the right timing. After 20 years in my childhood home, a lady knocked on our front door and said, "I want to buy your house." It was finally the Lord's timing. It became a blessing for us and for the grandma of the triplets across the street.
My Mom said, she could have manipulated things. Got her way and we could have moved. But we would have been disappointed because the Lord had something better in store which was our house on the lake.
She gave a few more examples like how my Uncle Jason and Aunt Laura and babes moved to New Zealand recently. How easy it was, on the day they were moving the furniture out they rented out their house. Basically when it's the Lord will and timing its easy and smooth. Everything works out.

What it comes down to, is patience is not my strong suit. It just isn't, I want things my way, right now. And that is not how things are, obviously. Far from it, I have to be patient for the things I dream about. Just like how Bec has be to patient alittle longer.
Lord's timing isn't always our timing, because His will isn't always our will.

1 comment:

  1. Mom's right-the Lord has a better plan for us than we could have made for ourselves. It ALWAYS works out in the end, and if it hasn't work out, it's not the end yet!
    Love you! Pray for my seizures to go away!

    ReplyDelete