Thursday 1 August 2013

Sing to me till I fall asleep.

Summer is ending. Change is coming and coming fast. Change is hard. I'm comfortable. I've been comfortable in my routine. That routine is about to become incredibly difficult with long hours, and I'm not ready.

I would consider my life to be a roller coaster, but this last week was definitely a roller coaster week. I just came from a high of the best vacations to being blind sided and that is extremely frustrating. I've come to realize that it takes me awhile to shake negative emotions. Maybe that's the aftermath of depression or depression that has still yet to completely escape my body. In the unfairness of the events that created a minor dip in my roller coaster life, this might maybe may have been a blessing in disguise. Because now I have more time.

Time that I should be using to be dive into my prep courses and homework for the upcoming crazy year of school. Well when I jump into this load of work, I can't even make a dent into it. I've enjoyed my laziness and lack of homework for the last 8 months. It scares me that I can't concentrate. I don't want to be unprepared for what lies ahead and become extremely frustrated because I can't get the material right away and then fall light years behind on everything, simply because I didn't know the basics.  

I worry. I'm a worrier because I think too much and over analyze everything. To distract me from my internal dialogue of being completely overwhelmed, scared to death, and worrisome; I listen to this. 

Jayme Dee is my second favorite artist. I love this song. Makes me feel nostalgic. Which in this case is better than worried. 


 

1 comment:

  1. You're a good writer. I love this. You are an amazing, wise woman! And yep, a pretty darn good friend :)

    ReplyDelete