Sunday 24 June 2012

Carlsbad

I love Carlsbad. 
We have been coming here to vacation for years. 
It is so beautiful and I don't know why anyone would ever leave. 




Side note: this picture is for the Sorensens. Entrance to Grandpa Sorensen's house literally 100 yards away from where we stay. HI Grandpa Sorensen! 






I love the ocean. I've always wanted to be a Cali surfer girl. When I was 14 I taught myself how to surf by watching surfing movies like Blue Crush. The first time I tried surfing I was out in the water for about 4 hours and when my mom pulled me out of the water because everyone else wanted to go, my arms were so sore and tired I couldn't lift my arm to pull my seat belt on. 
I surfed again for the first time in about 5 years yesterday. I got up a couple of times. I got tossed around more than a couple of times. I just realized I'm not in the same shape as I was when I was 14 years old. HA. 


The last day in Cali, I got to see two great dudes. 


I love Joel for many reasons, but I think my favorite reason is that he talks and I like what he says. He is kind of funny. Joel is a character at night time. He gets deep and insightful really really late, I loved listening to him. He's also just fun to be around. 
We went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick him out a new pillow. Lesson learned besides that there are too many candle smells in Bed Bath and Beyond is that you gotta test out a pillow before you invest, so Joel laid on the floor to test out the possibilities. In the end he found the right pillow for his needs. 
I miss my midnight runs to Walmart with Joel and Brian. We would drive the back roads with the windows down. And take our time going in and out the aisles, testing things out. Or I'd get made fun of for buying a kid diet food of mac and cheese and honey nut cherrios and I'd make fun of the boys for only buying meat. Those were good times. 
Another great dude is Brent. I felt stupid because I accidentally called him Bryce once. But I've decided there are just too many B names in my life.  Any who Brent is such a sweet guy. He is a quality friend. He gave me a listening ear and his insight on what was going on in my life the first night I met him outside my apartment a long time ago. Since then I knew he would be a good friend. He hasn't disappointed. He really was a trooper for hiking the Y with me last summer. Thanks again! 
On our adventures yesterday together, I'm not sure everyone had a fun time driving all over to decide on where to eat lunch but I know I did. In the end, BB and I decided on Chili's: Chili's is pretty much an entire food group in our family. I have been to Chili's way too many times. No joke. But we had a coupon for a free dessert, and obviously we couldn't pass that up and we went for the Oreo Molten Cake. Just trust me on this one, it's DIVINE!
In the end there was no doubt it was good food, no doubt it was good company, no doubt it was a good time. Too bad we couldn't stick around longer. I had to take BB to the airport because she was headed off to HAWAII. Lucky duck. 


I also got to drive back and forth thru LA a couple of times and then drive 7 more hours home. I've decided I've done too much driving this past week and so when I got home at 11:55 pm it was rather late and I was happy to find my bed. There is nothing like your bed. It's the best bed ever. Also I realized my house has a distinct smell. It is a smell that I can only smell when I've been away for awhile. 
On a sad note, Lilly baby bear fluffy face was not home. Grandma took her so she wouldn't be lonely and so she was just gonna bring her over in the morning. I missed her excited face and obnoxious bark when I come thru the door. I also missed my bed buddy. 
But I got her back today. And she gave me lots of kisses. And I loved it. 


I had a wonderful vacation and I am truly blessed to know such amazing people. 

1 comment: